Sunday 31 August 2014

Week Two

Hi all

Another week in Brisbane has gone by.
Had a very busy week this week. Spent the first couple of days exploring shops. Not spending any money though. Just looking. Had a lovely day on Monday spent some time with Amanda was nice to see her. She drove me over to Manly where she lives and drove around Wynum right near the beach. Beautiful place reminds me of Hervey Bay. Lovely little shops and around each corner an op shop. We just drove through that day. I would love to come back and explore the place and do some shopping.

Had three beautiful days in the Temple. I love the spirit in the temple. You walk in those doors and forget what is outside for a short time. I spent my first day in the Temple as an ordinance worker Wednesday being kept very busy. I had to do some study for the different ordinances. Just going over certain words. I did Baptisms, sealing and finished the day with some cleaning. Love the temple. The workers are so encouraging and helpful. They have made me feel very welcome. I went in on Thursday to work wasn't as eventful as Wednesday but everyday in the Temple is beautiful. Friday I went in and just did two endowments.  

Still not liking this traffic. Went across to Chermside on Saturday this week and got lost took three wrong turns not good. Several days this week just being in the wrong lane I went the wrong way. Don't like driving in Brisbane. Coming back from Indooroopilly I got stuck in peak hour traffic went 3km in one hour. It took me a couple of hours to get back. Don't like it.

What else did I get up to this week. Went for another walk over to South bank. I tried to find the cinema just so I would know where it is but couldn't find it. Someone told me you can watch a movie there for $5. Took a photo of the view from Kangaroo Point on the way down and then back up. It is a hike to get back up all those steps they are very steep.




Had a lovely day on the Sunshine Coast in Kawana on Saturday. It was all about the Parable of the ten Virgins. I was asked to be one of the ten virgins where we were all asked to present a gift to the Sisters. Each gift can help us to fill our lamps with oil. I did a short talk about the gift of friends. My Friends are a very important to me they are my family. The gift of a friend is an important gift we never want to be alone. Thank you to all my beautiful friends who have helped me through and encouraged me the last few weeks, I love you.

Here is a photo of all the sisters from Hervey Bay. I love them dearly.



This really spoke to me when I read it this week.

When the night is dark
and the clouds are thick,
we have the opportunity 
to put our hand in the Lord's hand
and rely on Him
to help us through.
Elder Larry W Gibbons

This is the only way we get through some things is to let our Heavenly Father help us get through each and every day. Just liked this when I read it. It is so true our Heavenly Father is there for us always and he will help us with whatever we are going through. We can rely on him, he loves us. At the same time we have to do all we can as well. He is there to guide us and we can follow him.

Love you all
Have a great week
Kym xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment